Quotes and assessments
We usually provide a quote or an assessment fairly speedily as long as we are given all the necessary information. When sending us an request please ensure you are as detailed and accurate as possible. Once submitted, we aim to reply within the same day however it can take up to 4 days, depending on our workload.
For urgent jobs please call our project manager, Bruce, on 027 499 4212.
1) provide precise measurements. How to measure correctly
2) be specific in your expectations from us
3) specify the use of any brand colours or imported materials (if known)
4) list any preferred fabric types such as leather, vinyl, plastic etc
5) specify any preferred fabric requirements eg: stain, moth, fire resistant
6) specify if you require/prefer eco-friendly or NZ made products
7) include clear photos where possible
About service presentations
1) What system do you need us to operate within?
- How will we receive the repairs and maintenance request?
- Email, text, phone or website?
- Who has authorisation to request a quote, approve a quote?
- What information do you need, and what information is required by UFO so that any repairs and maintenance can be attended to with speed.
- Do you need UFO’s contractors to sign off after jobs are completed?
- If you require a fit-out, what lead time can you provide between acceptance of quote and required supply?
2) Materials: Would you like to use a uniform set of materials and fabrics across your company?
- What MDF do you use?
- What vinyl/leather/fabric do you prefer to use? We can advise on suitability.
- Specific Design
- Fabric Composition
- PVC, Vinyl, Full Grain Leather, Wool/Nylon/Polypropylene/Polyester/Cotton
- Pattern Repeat
- Roll availability
- Abrasion – what is the toughest and longest lasting, how many rubs will it take before it shows wear and tear?
- Fire Rated – do you need this?
- Does it need to be: Sulphide Resistant, Stain Resistant, Moth Proof, Oil and Mildew Resistant, Anti-bacterial, Anti- microbial, Non allergenic, Moisture Resistant
- Does the material need to meet ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 environmental standards?
- Are you interested in using more innovative materials?
- Do you prefer New Zealand made, designed and manufactured?
- Colours: do you have a specific colour scheme you wish to keep throughout your stores, restaurants.
- What foam do you require: industry standard, specified?
- Is this fabric heavy duty commercial or recommended for residential use only?
- MDF board – what kind and thickness was originally used? Do you want this continued to keep the maintenance and care of the original fit out lasting a lot longer?
3) Care and maintenance
- Fabric Care: Do your staff need information about how and what to use when dirt and grease build up?
- Does your staf) know how to avoid a build-up on vinyl, leather and plastic seating? What would help to prevent this from happening?
- Regular care and maintenance
- Maintenance plans are formed, sent and kept for future reference.
- Free training for staff is offered on care and maintenance.
4) On-going contact
- Do you require us to contact you regularly to establish requirements or do you prefer to contact UFO on an ‘as needed’ basis.
- Preventative maintenance: will you require inspections across your company with minor, on-site repairs carried out?
Following our presentation, we will supply you with a procedure confirming your requirements, preferences, contract information and processes.
This is a presentation of service by UFO; where you and the people who deal with upholstery refits, repairs and on-going maintenance get together and we work out a good scenario where;
- Your upholstery will be correctly fitted to your architect’s specifications
- Material & product details are kept on file. Colours are recorded of materials originally used
- Your company will use the correct care and maintenance
- Repairs and/or replacements will be done to the original specifications
- Quality Control & Procedures are recorded.
We can usually offer you an assessment by phone or email. You may have detailed plans, a photo or just an idea of what you need and you’re unsure as to what you do need, who to talk to.
We are happy to assess your upholstery problem, giving you verbal or quick email advice as to your options.
The usual quandary with any job is:
An assessment will be carried by completing a discovery of what your needs are. You can then make your decision as to whether you need our services or whether you will purchase new.
Upholstery Fit Out would like you to always refurbish, and recover because we believe in saving our planet from rubbish dumps fill of our waste, especially plastics and substances that do not break down into the soil.